Monticello’s Downtown Community Christmas event will be held on Friday, Dec. 1, from 5 to 8 p.m.
The Community Christmas Tree will be set up in the Wirick-Simmons House back garden. For the last two years, Jefferson County Not-for- Profit Community Organizations have been invited to set up tables and raise money for their organization, without being charged for a vendor spot. This has proven to have been a great success, in the past, and the same invitation will be extended again this year.
Other vendors are also invited and encouraged to come and rent a spot to sell their items along with theNot for Profit vendors. Vendor booths will be set up in downtown on the newly completed East Dogwood Street.
It is first come first serve for the booth space and location as well as the items you will be selling: homemade food, gift items or crafts. The hope and desire is that all organizations and vendors will raise a significant amount of money; which is why no duplicate items will be sold. At time of reservation, participants will be told if another vendor is already selling the same or similar item.
Stipulations for vendor requirements:
• There can be no open flames or cooking equipment that is in any way accessible to the public. Everything needs to be self-contained and in no way a fire hazard, must be isolated from the public and the right away. If it is deemed a fire hazard, you will be asked to remove it. No loud generators will be allowed.
• You are responsible for your own table and chairs
• Set up and clean up times must be adhered to.
• Set up time will be Friday Dec. 1, starting at 2:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. All set up must be done no later than 4:30 p.m. Clean up that same night cannot be done before 8 p.m. Cars will not be allowed on the street at any time during set up or clean up.
• Deadline in reserving a vendor spot is Nov. 18.
Please call Joe Rosmini, Main Street Vice President and Christmas Chair at (772) 245-9076 or Amy Rosmini, Main Street Christmas Volunteer at (772) 359-3082 or firstname.lastname@example.org